
I don't think EH and I knew what exactly we had gotten ourselves into but now it's like she's always been here, and we wouldn't want it any other way. Right before Christmas, Emily & I were trying to figure out how we'd get from Point A to Point B, and I could not figure out what we had done with Caty Van in 2009. And then it dawned on me, we hadn't even been through a year yet!
Emily's friend Katie came over with her kids for dinner and then we put the kids to bed. Keeks went to bed no problem (although she did wake up a few hours later, but Emily & I weren't buying what she was selling...she fell right back to sleep i.e. "Can someone come get the pacifier for me that I just rolled over on? No? Oh wait, here's one of the other 23 pacifiers you put in my crib for me! Thanks Parentals! [Snoring]").
EH had no nap, so after I read him books, I reached to turn out the light, and then his concrete head hit my bowling ball forehead, and after the stars had cleared, he had had enough, rolled over and went to sleep.
While Emily was gone, I went into Mr. Mom mode while catching up on Carolina Bball replays - just can't get enough. I think we might regret not using Harrison or Barnes instead of Caty Van.
Cheers from Homewood!
The Balls
No comments:
Post a Comment