Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March 9, 2011

Today was a slow day...well, slow at first. Our goal was to get the Red Dragon book at the library and join our friends for the $5 Speedy Gonzalez lunch special at Sol Azteca. That is exactly what would have happened had I remembered my correct library card. But alas, I did not. I brought the old one. I realized it when we went to the self check out desk. Then, to the children's desk (all in attempts to avoid the angry, older librarian at the main circulation desk). When we were directed to just that spot - I saw the nice, young guy and got him to help us out. He said, "I'll need to see your ID in order to look up your new number." So - we all walked outside to get my ID. (Please note here...I've been carrying about 9 books, 3 videos, and a 26 lb. baby for at least 6 minutes now. We got the ID and walked back inside. Our young guy is occupied and Meanie had to help us. She looked up from her computer and sassed me with, "You have a $5.20 fine. You have to pay at least 20 cents now." I sassed her back, "I'll pay the whole fine...here's my card." Then, she checked out the books and video (insert note - I'm still carrying 26 pounds of now-anxious baby). Finally, she looked up and said, "Remember your library card next time." I quickly looked back up at her and said, "Trust me - I don't intentionally make mistakes." We took our books and left. After getting everyone strapped into the car I decided to call my friend Katie since we would be late....and yes, realized I left my cell phone on the counter. Back in...back out (but let's be honest...nothing's that quick). We survived...how about that?. We found it and got to Sol Azteca just in time to sit down and eat. Ugh. I was ready to go home and get de-frazzled.
After naps we went on an "adventure" to the park. EH took his favorite wagon to collect things and Kiki rode in the bjorn...which, yes, is entirely too small for her. Here are some pictures:












And, as we are still in catch up mode, here are a few pictures from last week that I just liked...esp. the dress! (Thanks, again, Pop!)










Here is a picture of Kiki on her real birthday with her birthday cupcake (compliments of Miss Abigail)!



It's been teacher appreciation week at school and as my friend Charla said, "In my second life - I'm coming back a preschool teacher for Canterbury!" They have really been taken care of this week. I've told several people about the door decorating portion of the week - but thought I'd share a picture via the blog. Charla asked me to decorate the door to go with the theme "Our Teachers Rock Through The Ages." Monday was 50s or sock-hop theme (Pretty sure someone had a really cute poodle skirt they just wanted their child to wear) - so we went with that on the door. Here is our result! Caty Van is on the far left! Oh yeah - and did we have the best door?...duh.



No comments:

Post a Comment