Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March 8, 2011

Due to a timing issue (otherwise known as "I'm ready for bed") - pictures will be listed first tonight. Enjoy!


You may think this is morning or night - but no, it's 3:30 in the afternoon. EH wore pjs all day today and refused to take off his new summer shoes...which yes, are entirely too big right now...but whateva!


While cleaning the playroom tonight - Kiki decided to climb up the slide...but alas, she cannot walk.


Then, the Keeks found the train bucket that Edmund so eloquently hid so his friends could not play with his trains during their evening visit. She is always so proud when she finds a way to get to the trains! You go girl!


Then, she became fascinated with the inside of the fireman helmet. Perhaps she sees something we don't?


And, finally, here she is enjoying one of EH's old favorites, a peach yogurt smoothie. She just likes to add some beads for a touch of class.

Ahhh...here comes the rain. This morning started out with a bang. We had "visitors" coming as EH would say. The landlord and someone with an insurance company planned to stop by at noon, so we had exactly 4 hours to make the house sparkle. Let's be honest...those who know me...we used all 4 hours. We did it...although EH did pile up every pillow in the den into a "humongous" pillow mountain (thank you, Uncle Ben) and he also poured all the dirty clothes into the pillow mountain, stuffed "groceries" down in the laundry bag, and then managed to turn over every toy in the middle of the play room. (This is not an exaggeration.) However, while he accomplished all of these "big jobs" - he also managed to keep Kiki completely entertained and I was able to get everything else smelling Windex fresh. By noon, I was already exhausted!

We ordered pizza for dinner and our friends, Handon (really Hampton), Camden, and Miss Kakie (really Katie) (as EH calls them) came over and ate. They left, we cleaned up the playroom....every bit of it....and then hit the bath.

While I was putting Kiki's pajamas on - I heard little footsteps and EH got himself out of the tub and went in his room to use the potty! Hey Ya! Another big success!! He then carried his whole potty, tee tee and all, into Kiki's room to show us! The excitement of success has so many natural endorphins - I knew we were in for a long night!

EH finally got to sleep at 8:30! But, man was he proud....I was a proud Mama too!
Can't believe it's only Tuesday!
Cheers from Homewood,
The Balls










No comments:

Post a Comment