Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7, 2011

Okay, we know - it's been a while. But this whole "posting everyday thing" is starting to be for the birds. And, being gone for a week has really thrown things off. Here are a few tidbits to catch you up:


EH officially decided last week - when he announced to his classmates - that he would be having a Pirate Party for his birthday and they could all come. His teachers even texted me to tell me about some Pirate party supplies they saw the prior week. EH told Edmund and I, "Mommy and Daddy...you can come to my party too!" Well, ain't that grand...we can come to our own party. So - Join Captain Edmund and board the S.S. Ball Friday, April 1, 2011 at 10:30 A.M. (Please send any Pirate ideas my way...and yes, we are having a treasure hunt!)


Oh yes - and EH has three imaginary dogs that go everywhere with us now - Doria, Sparky, and Jackson. Doria is a very big dog - and often white or yellow. Sparky is a firedog and very talented. And, Jackson is the little black dog next door. Once I almost forgot them - but luckily Edmund reminded me and insisted that I open the door so they could get in the car! He tells everyone about his dogs!


Caty Van had her 1-year-old appointment on March 3. She weighed 25 lbs. 4.4 oz. She is 31.5 inches tall. She has grown 2 inches in the last 3 months. She is 95% for weight and >95% for height. She checked out strong and the doctor said to get her off the bottle as soon as possible. She's on whole milk exclusively now and down to one, maybe two bottles a day. We're getting there! The doctor asked me if she was waving and saying "bye, bye" - and as she finished her question, Kiki looked right at her, waved, and said, "Bye, Bye." I said, "Well I guess that answers the question for both of us!"


EH's potty training took a dive this past week - but today he decided he wanted to "be naked for a little while" and I kept reminding him to use the potty. He will not-so-eloquently look at me and say, "NO, MOMMY. I DO NOT NEED TO GO!" So - finally, I just said, "Please just use the potty when you need to...that's all." About ten minutes later - I heard the toilet flush in our bathroom. I went in there and he said, "I did it Mommy." Then, he leaned toward me, raised his eyebrows, put his hand to his mouth as if he had a secret and whispered, "I get my gumball?" Of course he did! Not much of the tee-tee made it in the potty, but hey, he did it all by himself! I gave him a simple high five, helped him wash his hands, and gave him a penny for the gumball. Much like his Grandaddy - he's not so into all the unecessary, dramatic praise.


Edmund and I went to the American Heart Association's Heart Ball on Saturday and had a great time. JLL bought a table and we thoroughly enjoyed our free, yet not heart healthy, meal. Let me just say though - lots of fully beaded gowns and updos. I even think a tindrel snuck in there. Almost looked like a 2001 2nd chance prom - but these people sure did open their wallets and that's all that really matters. I think this dress walked the red carpet (and this is not an exaggeration):

(Insert thought - would Kiki please just go to sleep....for heaven's sake! Edmund was so tired he fell asleep on his bed in his towel from his bath.)


Well, the batteries in the camera are dead and I just got a call from the landlord that they are stopping by tomorrow at noon with the insurance people...so alas, I do not have time to dig up a funny picture. Well, maybe just one...I think this dress walked the red carpet on Saturday...no exaggeration:




Have a great night and hopefully I'll have some photos tomorrow!

Cheers from Homewood,

The Balls

No comments:

Post a Comment