Today was welcomed with two children sleeping in late (which is great for a Saturday...bad for a Wednesday). We ended up late to school and Edmund (which henceforth we will refer to Daddy Edmund as Edmund and son Edmund as EH) had to find an excuse to push a meeting back. I guess we'll start setting our alarm clocks!
Kiki had her music class today and excelled, as always, with her rhythm and voice. Okay, maybe not, but she tried with spirit and enthusiasm!
Tonight we went to church for our regular budget-friendly ($12/family) dinner (that I didn't have to think of, cook, or clean up...including dessert!) and enjoyed seeing all of our friends. Caty Van is getting much, much better at sitting at the table and not throwing or swatting at her food. She's such a delight at meal time - bless her heart. (I'm not sure which is "better" - a child who doesn't eat and is thus clean or a child who passionately eats whatever is put in front of her...or passionately denies, hence the throwing and swatting.)
Edmund had choir tonight with Kiki's music teacher, Mrs. Susie, and really "Shout for Joy." Okay, maybe he just sits in his chair quietly and sort of does the hand motions when he feels so moved and sometimes whisper a note of music...but he has fun and gets a stamp and is proud - so there!
After music, Caty Van and Edmund head back home and EH and I go to "The Atrium." It's the Wednesday night program for 3-12 year olds and is similar to Sunday School on Sunday mornings. It's the class I'm training to teach now, so I genearally observe and offer a lesson when I'm comfortable - but mostly just enjoy watching EH discover God's love. Edmund's amazing to watch in that class - he's very serious and deliberate and we think this style fits his personality perfectly.
No comments:
Post a Comment