Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June 15, 2011

As a majority of you already know, Emily & the kids packed everything up and left...



but they promised to come back. Emily's sister Mary had their 2nd baby a couple of weeks ago (Shout out to Amelia!!), and Emily wanted to go home and visit with everyone. That meant only one thing...




Sadly, 24 hours later - I glanced in the mirror...and...




Not that anyone cares, but I'VE been having a great time. People keep asking what I'm doing, and the real question is what I'm NOT doing...


I've taken naps, caught up on DVR, watched the NBA & NHL finals and farmed our garden...check out the four, count em' FOUR, tomatoes I picked...






The bruised, rotting sides were turned away from the camera... And I must say - I'm not a big, cold tomato slice fan, but during dinner with our neighbors, I thought it'd be a shame if I didn't at least TRY one since it came from our "farm." Lo & behold, they were awesome! I even threw them on my hamburger! Now I know what I've been missing, but I'm also a tomato-snob now so hold the Piggly Wiggly tomatoes.


Emily's sent me a few pictures of some pool time with the kids...





Keeks is walking. Emily has video but she won't take the time to link it. Commence hounding her if you haven't seen Caty Van's lock-kneed walking. Who would have thought, but she's not much of a traveler. She didn't care for her substitute crib, and screamed herself to sleep for the first few nights. Drama, drama, drama.





EH has had a great time getting to see everyone, and asked that I call him when I got to our "white house" so that he can come see me. There appears to be some geographic confusion going on.


And here's Keeks resting on Cousin Helen...not sure how this ended, but I bet there was crying involved.





Today Grandaddy (Emily's dad) took EH fishing and they caught 12 fish - from the looks of it, they appear to be striped sea bass, but contrary to my rugged up bringing, I'm no expert...





I miss everyone a ton. This house is VERY empty and VERY creaky, and I don't know what I'm going to do on Father's Day...hmmm...





Cheers from Homewood (& Charlotte)!


The Balls

No comments:

Post a Comment